Birds

Birds

Saturday 30 July 2011

First Week back at Waapa

This week was my first week back at Waapa, and i had very mixed feelings about it. I was happy to be back but also wished i was still at home a little. Wow was it an epic week. Tuesday I had an audition for the musical 'Wicked' which was fun. We learnt a dance from a scene in the show, the choreography was a bit strange but nothing i couldn't pick up or handle. I got a call back after that audition with two other dancers from Waapa, we just had to learn some lifts and stuff which was easy. They seemed quite shocked that I could do all the lifts, i was surprised because the lifts weren't hard they were just normal. I got a call last night asking if i could please prepare a song for another call back. It needs to be from a contemporary musical lucky, i have friends in the musical theatre department. I chose the song 'Corner of the sky' from the musical 'Pippin' its a nice song and i can hit all the notes which is nice. I also found out this week that i might be performing for the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting when it comes to Perth. I would be performing with a few other Waapa students which should be an amazing experience, hopefully it happens. We started rehearsing a piece called 'Jabula' by the choreographer Natalie Weir who is the artistic director of Expression Dance Company. It is a beautiful piece and i really hope that we do it justice. I also start working with the West Australian Ballet Company on their season of 'The Taming of the Shrew' which should be fun. I have never seen the ballet before and look forward to it because i have heard great things about John Cranko's choreography. Quite frankly i have a ridiculously busy semester, and its going to go by so fast because i have so much on so i'm a little nervous but oh well. My good friend and photography Evan Dylan arrived in Perth the other day, and i'm currently sitting in this beautiful house he has rented out. We plan to take some amazing photos while he is here. So i will update with some pics when i get the chance.  
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment