Birds

Birds

Tuesday 8 January 2013

Europe!!!!!!


To begin with you are going to have to forgive me if some of my spelling is a bit strange because I'm on a German computer and the z and the y are in the wrong spots.

OK lets get into it.

I haven't blogged for while but I thought this would be a nice way to keep everyone posted on how my life is going.

So mum and I left Australia on the 27th of December right after a very busy Christmas at our house this year which is unusual because normally we spend it at someone else's place. It went smoothly and of course I was spoilt rotten. While driving to the airport my sister was already in tears which was sweet I was hoping they were good luck tears but they were I'm going to miss mum so much tears. (Damn it) We got on our plane had comfy seats and we sat next to a guy who was traveling to Africa I think which sounded very exciting. The plane ride to Bangkok was all good and smooth (even though I like a bit of turbulence) we had a two hour stop over and they gave us the choice to stay on the plane or leave we decided to stay. It was very odd watching the plane be cleaed while we were on it but oh well mum didn't notice she was lying across tree chairs with her feet in the air because she had elephant cankles haha. Bankok to Dubai was fine easy ride. I had never been to Dubai before and even the airport amazed me. It took us a ten minute shuttle bus ride to get from one terminal to the next which was crazy. We didn't have long in Dubai just enough to look around a little bit before getting on the next plane. I did however see two dancers and friends from AB who were on my flight to Paris which was so funny. (What are the chances of them being on the same flight) Dubai to Paris was fine as well. Not that I would really know I was asleep for almost the entire time of all three flights which amazed me. Mum bought me magical earplugs I think which block out sound and also put you to sleep. We finally arrived in Paris, and caught a train to central Paris and then walked to our appartment on the Ile Saint Louis. After thirty-three hours of traveling door to door we had finally made it.

I#m going to try and condense Paris as much as I can because we did more in one week than I had ever thought possible. I will name a few of the monuments that we went to. Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe we actually rode our bikes around it. (Those of you who don't have the pleasure of knowing my mum just know she is crazy, good crazy but crazy.) Riding around that monument was amazing but so scary. We went to Place de la Madeleine and saw a beatiful concert there of Handels Messiah. The Pantheon, Luxembourg Gardens, Père Lachaise cemetery where we saw Jim Morrison and Edith Piaf's graves. The Louvre (of course) Musee D'orsay, Sacre Coeur, Notre Dame, Opera Garnier, Palais Royal, Place des Vosges and more that I can't think of. We rode everywhere around 30Kms a day which was crazy. Mum says she saw more of Paris in that week than she did living there for three years simply because when she lived here she only took the Metro so missed out on everything else.

We had amazing food in Paris, breakfast was always a Croissant which I hated (as if) for lunch we normally went out, and dinner was meat and cheese on Baguette. We had lovely meals at Deux Maggots and great little find just of the Canal of Saint Martin. But the winner was L'atelier by Joel Robuchon. I can' even describe how amazing the food was. We had great service, impeccable food and just generally a good time. The next part of my trip is Germany with my first audition in Leipzig but my fingers are sore now so will update you when I can. Over and out.
Matthew carey

1 comment: